Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A blessing.

"With every death there is a rebirth." I read in one of Dr. Wayne Dyer's books once years ago. I started taking heart of it when my cat Aphrodite died in 2003. I was devastated for about three months, then started wondering if Smokey wanted another playmate or wanted to be man of the house. I almost adopted three times but chickened out. Three more months later this scrawny, not fixed, kitten wanders through my apartment porch door soaking wet and never left. He is the cat in all of my blog photos and now I feel bad that there are no Smokey pics. I'll have to change that. So The Bandit my friend from radio traffic said Aphrodite came back with balls. He is my rebirth kitty, and Smokey loves him to death, no metaphor intended.

What I have discovered is although I have "killed" some friendships due to being a drunk, I have gained some new ones in my own rebirth. The cycle never stops. Things will always grow.

~Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment