Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Happy one month to the cripple!!!


Finally, since 2002 I have suceeded being sober and smober for one month. I celebrated by getting a bunch of stuff I needed at Ace hardware and pulling the muscle on my right back ribs by holding down the side plank on my kitchen counter letting glue set. The only other time I hurt my back ever was doing yoga last year going from...get this irony...plank pose to side plank. Wonk wonk!! I have no desire to drink, just happy I had ibuprofen. I really don't think any bad or tragic situation could make me want to wine up. I basically drank because it was a nice wind down at night, and the only reason I'd drink to relieve pain would be if I felt lonely. And sometimes I'd only want one glass, and sometimes I wanted to go through a bottle. And sometimes that would lead to almost two. Now I have to baby my back today, but I am so grateful I made it this far. Other than being crippled I wake up refreshed, I have more energy, and I have a sence of well being (the anxiety attacks are not as strong anyway lol). I went baxk to sessions with Vinca and I will elaborate in my next blog. One month! Woo.

~Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment