Total Pageviews

Friday, September 23, 2011

An experiment in food.

I got some non-GMO chicken breasts and tried a panko baked recipe from the Food Network's "Down Home With The Neelys", a BBQ show, and this was a 'healthy' special. They used eggs for the wash but I don't have any here, so I looked up a substitute and found a site that suggested bananas. Hmmm. I mean mmmm! The chicken is so juicy! There is a slight hint of banana, but it really goes well with the garlic, smoked paprika, honey, dijon, and hot sauce that you put in the mixes, there's a wet and a dry. I feel healthy and happy. I served it with a 'kitchen sink' salad (whatever's in my fridge) of bok choy, farmer's mkt cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, cucumber, flat leaf parsley, and avocado with honey vinegar. Picture to come, My camera cord has a short in it. Boo. The dijon gives the chicken a white wine flavor, which I really enjoyed (the flavor not the buzz). I have no desire whatsoever to drink or smoke. The craves still come some nights but I fast-forward in my head to the morning after. That usually does the trick still. Uh-oh now I'm a bit sleepy. I'd say this would make a nice dinner and not an energizing lunch. The salad would, most definitely. I like the bright red bell pepper, which has vitamin C. The honey vinegar is local and I got it at Caputo's. Reminds me of Greece. The Greeks seem to put honey in everything.

Breakfast: Fage 0% with buckwheat groats, walnuts, blackberries, currants, maca powder, and chia seeds.

Yesterday I did Insanity core cardio recovery (Recovery? LOL It still made me sweat), and yoga teaching last night. I'll walk the treadmill in a second and do the 'recovery' again today later. It's Insanity Recovery Week time. Meaning your thighs burning up in flames but less intense cardio.

I also have my guitar lesson, which I am looking forward to, and a fun art/music night.

Smobergirl

Day 494, and I've saved over $5000. What what!

No comments:

Post a Comment