Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

You say tomato.




I went to the Tuesday DT farmer's market and this tomato guy just kept raving about his different species, so I bit and got a pretty great variety.

Insanity burnout happened, so I did Hip Hop Abs with the same host Shaun T for 3 days. I did Insanity today. Hip Hop Abs is a blast, and I still broke out in a sweat. Of course it was more fun, but I felt like it helped my coordination too. Some of those moves are fast! I was happy with it. Sure I want the Insanity t-shirt, and I'm almost halfway there, but I really wanted a break. It's a hard hot tamale! Just knowing that I'm not bingeing anymore is a reward. I lost 25 pounds alone by quitting alcohol and eating crazy smoothies in the morning. No Insanity required, the workout I mean. Hardy har har. I love to dance, and I wished I started Zumba or hip hop or something earlier for my mind. I even like kick boxing.

I had a chat with my step-mother today, and things haven't changed with women and anorexia, in fact it may be worse. I was on an online store's size chart yesterday and they listed a size 00. 00! Please tell me that's genetic. The waif or yoga body is pretty trendy right now, especially Urban Outfitters ads. Those gals are pretty thin. I do go there quite a bit, but the ads are another thing. American Apparel is similar. Sorry to point fingers. I am going to stop looking in the mirror and poke and prod at this or that on my body. Health has made me look better, and I still, like many women, have a complex. That's not fair. I say health along with confidence is the new skinny. Moving in any form gives me confidence, and eating well most of the time. I like taking care of my bod. Speaking of the smoothies, I made an after-dinner one. It's pretty fancy:

1 scoop chocolate Amazing Greens powder (which has maca and flax already in it, so I didn't add those)
1/2 packet frozen acai puree
1 tbs goji berries
1/4 cup black currants
1/4 cup blueberries
1 cup cold water
1 tsp chia seeds


YUM! It's also very pleasing to the eye.

Take care of your body and it will take care of you. Throw the notion out the window that you have to be uber thin. Hey who didn't have a crush on Seth Rogan right? And he's a confident-looking cutie to boot. So is Zach Galifianakis, Jack Black...okay so those guys may have been unhealthy looking, but they have I hope confidence, and definitely a sense of humor. Hey I know Seth is looking more svelt, and he's no Jude Law. Okay I'm finished but I'm saying if you are active and eat right, you should feel good. Don't be upset that you're not a 00, which I hope doesn't become the new 0 I hope to God!

Love,

Smobergirl
Still kicking at day 477

No comments:

Post a Comment