Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fa-fa-fa-fa-fashion.



I have managed to give myself a complex over the years and wear what I think guys would like. True story. This would be, what I've read and seen in the mags of course (those dreaded magazines :), especially the "His opinion" columns, to wear minimal makeup, absolutely no wedges or mock turtlenecks, no short shorts or jeggins, and no sequins or clothing 'bling'. You know it is funny. I have been teasing my friends that when I'm 60 I'll be like Bette Midler in Beaches and embarrass myself with outlandish mumus and pink hair on vacation, and I'll peroxide my hair, drive a Jag convertible, and only wear white and leopard print, with the sequined ball caps. Who knows, that is 20 years down the road. Time to start a Jaguar fund jar.

However I do own a pair of new lime-green corduroy wedges from Toms which I think are fun and comfortable, I don't wear a lot of makeup but once in a while I'll bust out the turquoise liquid eyeliner, and I'm keeping my jeggins for slipping into boot-ease this Fall and Winter. I just decided to wear what I like. WOW what a concept. Geez, we live and learn. Oh and for the record I do have two sequin tops, and you know I wasted them all Summer except for one crummy date and my cruise. Didn't you know that it is required to bring at least one sequined top on a cruise?

Love,

Smobergirl

P.S. Healthy Salty Crave Tip:

Sprinkle cucumber (Persian and hothouse are best) slices with sea salt, cayenne salt, or drizzle with BBQ sauce. Trust me on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment