Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I love the Germans and I think I love the Italians.










I'm 1/2 German anyway, and I finally opened up a tiny box containing chocolate sprinkles that I got at a restaurant in Venice, but the brand was German. I got it as a condiment for breakfast to put on buttered toast, but I stashed it in my backpack instead and took it home. I put it in non-fat Greek yogurt with pineapple chunks, pecans, and coconut flakes. That was dinner. It's my time O' month and I either get ravenous or not hungry at all. Working out every day seems to do that too.

So I lucked out yesterday morning for Black Friday, excuse me Target Tuesday, and showed up with only three other girls waiting at the door at 8 am for the Missoni collection debut, which ended up on the news talking about how some stores sold out in three minutes, and over 1,500 items ended up on eBay for about twice as much. Somehow I didn't feel satisfied anymore, but I should feel however I want to, and I did luck out and got some nice fall clothes, a candle, a gift box I'll use for Christmas, and a cosmetic bag. I even was proud that I got a girl's dress that makes a super tank top. I posted some of my findings on FB and of course one guy gets on there saying how evil Target is, another talked about how the website crashed and another talked about eBay. I learned to be the observer in my life because who can we control? Ourselves. I won't get wrapped up in drama. I will enjoy my made-in-China clothes by a famous Italian designer. I think I'm pretty good at being guilty, and I need an attitude adjustment. Plus I'm PMSing. You know I got off the Depo-Provera last year so my periods have only been back not even that long. I had to ask a girlfriend what her favorite, erm, feminine product was because mine were very uncomfortable. I fixed that by her recommendation (Playtex Super-Slims BTW) and everything on that end is groovy now.

Everything should be a step-forward lesson, and not a set-back regret. How many hyphens can-I-put-in-this-post? So that made me think why don't I get that clothing-exchange party together I've been thinking about for two years? And if I need something, the second-hand shops could use some business. And hey, I've haven't been to Pibs Exchange in forever, why don't I hit that and find a cute Halloween costume? Yes early. So I did. Check. Sexy wolf. It's also warm! Practical AND sexy.

So I learned to be grateful no matter what. Karma is still on my side being sober and I got some hot-ticket items without fighting ladies at Target and having to wait in a huge line. The costume fit like a glove and I feel so confident in my new body. Clean and healthy feels pretty darn good. Oh come on it was just a tablespoon of sprinkles. At least I can get away with that now that my bod's a FURNACE! Tee hee.

Breakfast: Fage 0% Greek yogurt with my friend's granola, chia seeds, and wheat germ
Lunch: 1/2 avocado, baked sweet potato fries with dijon mustard and wing sauce. 5 teeny cucumbers made for gerkin pickles that I found at at farmer's market, in the wing sauce. PMS is not really any different from being pregnant really.
Dinner: Fage 0%, pineapple chunks, coconut flakes, and German chocolate sprinkles.

Smobergirl

Day 485. 1 year and four months on the 17th.

No comments:

Post a Comment