Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sweet and buzzed

Okay maybe I was a bit dramatic last night and I'm cool now about the new editor sitch. I now want to start on the coffee and sugar issue. I thought I'd only be attached to both for about 6 months to a year after I quit drinking and smoking, but this Summer has been pretty bad and I'm feeling sluggish, even with all of the "Insanity", yoga, and hip hop. Some of the oils and fats in sweets can clog or break arteries, resulting in a struggling heart and irregular heart beat, which I've experienced both including heart palpations within the last month. I also got on new vitamins and I wonder if those could be the culprit. I'm back to vitamins that I'm used to (Women's Raw). Yeah scary. So my sweets of choice now are Fage 0% with no sugar granola or naked oats and buckwheat, nuts, fruit fresh and dried, frozen coconut milk desserts, coconut, and cacao nibs. I also have been shunning the kale and greens lately so those are back. Hey it was a phase! :) I had a pineapple cilantro shake with ginger, maca, chia, lemon water, ice, and flax for breakfast. For lunch I made zucchini 'noodles' with raw marinara, chopped hazelnuts, avocado, and hemp seeds. For dessert I had Fage 0% with chocolate granola, dried cherries, and freeze-dried strawberries and bananas.

I am watching Drs. Andrew Weil and Deepak Chopra on Dr. Oz now. Chopra said that 1-4 cups of coffee are okay. Well then. What to do, because Dr. Oz said in a newsletter 2 years ago that you can lose 10 pounds from switching from coffee to tea because of the coffee acids produce cortisol in the body. He also said an hard boiled egg a day is good for the brain. Both are controversial foods. I was proud of myself yesterday that I made my own iced coffee at home with vanilla extract. I only had 1/2 a 16 ounce iced coffee today. I did my Hip Hop Abs and that always makes me drink tons of water, during and after. However later on that same Dr. Oz program Chopra gave alternatives to caffeine. I mean that's cool. That's good for the Mormons in town. Drink a glass of warm water in the morning and massage your earlobes and forehead with coconut or sesame oil. I just love coconut oil. Eat your main meal at lunchtime. Drink ginseng tea at lunch. My dad used to swear by ginseng tea. At night drink lemon juice, ginger root, and honey with water.

My tiredness can also be explained by going to bed too late and waking up at 8 or 9. It's better to be in bed by 10 and wake up at 6. Not only did this Dr. Oz TV special say that but so has my yoga teacher training instructor.

So with the coffee thing I got more Teechino and just mixed 1/2 that with 1/2 coffee. It's progress.

Wokout: Hip-Hop Abs Dance Party. Heeeeey!

Smobergirl
Day 499

No comments:

Post a Comment