Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day three summary.

Another day smober, even with my mom's emergency. When she called me at 2 pm today and said that on her way to take care of my grandma in Boise, ID from a friend's house in Midway, UT a log fell off a truck in front of her. Suddenly a scene from "Final Destination" popped into my head. Then she said it was only about 8 inches in diameter and 3 feet long, I let out a big sigh of relief. She swerved to miss it, but of course it ended up under her car anyway, ruining two tires and burrowing a hole in the steering panel. So I had to drive up to Heber and kill some time with her in Park City, which was a good time. She can't pick up a wheel until tomorrow, so she's staying here with me for the night. Luckily I brought her Kind energy bars (http://www.kindsnacks.com/) so we snacked on those in PC, then had a light dinner which consisted of seared ahi tuna and a wedge salad at 6:15 pm. So I ate before 7 tonight! *pat pat* Here's a tip: Not all energy bars are good for you! Read the labels. Some are just as bad as candy bars.

Before dinner and the Kind bar, here's what consisted of lunch:

A raw corn on the cob (try it, it's sweeter than cooked) drizzled with olive oil and cayenne salt (mix 1/2 sea salt with 1/2 cayenne pepper), another egg and egg white with rice medley, swiss chard, and chopped jalepeno (I was craving it again since yesterday); and a sliced 1/2 armenian cucumber. Water: 2 1/2 liters. 8 oz. pomegranate juice. It's true what they say about your blood sugar crashing after quitting smoking and/or drinking, so I was advised to drink some fruit juice. The fresher, the better.

Feeling good today. And I got to hang with my mom and set a good example for her.

Exercise: 20 minutes fast walk on the incline treadmill, walked 5 flights of stairs, and did 20 wall pushups in the elevator. :)

See you on the flipside.

~Smobergirl
3 days smober

No comments:

Post a Comment