Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Going on day 3.

Well, I made some mistakes and perhaps some too-strict goals. I also ran into a friend this morning and discussed what is right for one individual is not necessarily right for everyone else. Can you agree with me on that one? I just want to quit my bad habits by blogging every day, knowing that you are supporting me. More importantly, I want to support myself for a year and achieve this goal. I had a huuuuuuge craving last night around 7, and you know what stopped me? Knowing that I'm doing this. When I emailed a bunch of trusted friends telling them what I am doing, one even spoke up saying that she's going through about the same thing. Others want to go to lunch and cheer me up. And one has already suggested a food regimen. (yeah, the beer after workout guy, but at least he is trying to help. LOL) So, for me being honest with others and myself is reconnecting me with friends. Before I used to call someone and yell "Help!", and he or she would either get scared, or tell me to get professional help. This way, I seem to attract them into talking about it and perhaps influence them. I think that's a paradox. When you start setting a good example, instead of bitching about it or wanting people to help you, then you will attract more of what you want. It's like the case of the lonely, sad person who 'needs' a girlfriend or boyfriend to make them whole again, but would you want to date a lonely, sad person? I used to be one, and repelled more guys than you'd probably imagine. Being a drunk really didn't help in that category either. ;)

Breakfast was better today, but hardly traditional. I probably make the best guacamole ever (Bobby Flay, that's an invite. Bring it on.) However, I was restless again when I got up and did my Carlucci's run, and went out to Murray. I ducked into the Whole Foods on 72nd and found their pre-made guac and these beautiful long carrots. That kept me full until lunch. Now in order to really put good stuff in your body to reap the energizing and beauty benefits, you have to be a label detective. Luckily, here's what was listed on the WF guacamole:

Avocados, red onions, cilantro, tomatoes, lime and lemon juice, jalapeno peppers, fresh garlic, sea salt, pepper.

Gotta run for now. Mom had a car accident. She's fine. I just need to pick her up.

~Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment