Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Uh oh.

I was so excited to get my day and new diet started, then I stepped on my Wii balance board. 150 pounds? Really? I got the Wii for Christmas and the Wii Fit seems to be ten pounds heavier than my condo's exercise room scale. Well, I do plan on looking better on my program, especially not drinking (some Americans have lost 9-15 pounds in 8 weeks just by cutting out alcohol), so I wasn't too worried. Plus, I've been doing Total Body Sculpt With Gilad and yoga every day. I did my daily 'check out myself naked' (please tell me we all do this first thing in the morning) and my butt looked pretty darn good, and my swayed back looked more cut. But then I put a ring on my pinky finger, and it's so tight! That could be from my 'last supper' of potato gnocci with macadamia nut pesto from Metropolitan late last night. It's a pretty salty dish, and too much salt can leave you bloated! Since I plan to make most of my meals at home, if I do I will only use sea salt. It's packed with minerals and helps to draw out crap in the body. Table salt is processed and is a whole different evil animal. I do also condone and plan to not eat after 7pm from here on out.

Okay, so on the bright side I had 1/2 of a small cantaloupe from the farmer's market with blueberries I put in the melon's hollowed out center, drizzled with agave nectar. Agave is a vegan substitute for honey, made from the agave plant. (that's where tequila comes from, but of course that is not being condoned in the project, either) For lunch I'll either make a huge salad here, or get one at Sages' Cafe. Things are off to a good start. For my diet this month I'll go pescatarian, that's a veggie who eats fish, but no other meat. I was going to start at the top of the food chain and eat lean meats this month, but I 'chickened' out after watching the movie "Food Inc.". I just can't go there right now.

So have a great Wednesday, and I'll report back this evening.

Smobergirl
2 days smober.

No comments:

Post a Comment