Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What am I doing??

LOL I think I deprived myself this morning with fruit only. I know better that having a large but energizing breakfast is better than plain 'ol fruit. I have to admit I was going through withdrawls and rushed through breakfast to get my precious iced coffee at Carlucci's. I did cut that in 1/2, so I had an 8 oz instead of a 16. So I learned my lesson. Fruit for breakfast: Feels good, but hungry after one hour.

When I say I'm experimenting with 'diets', I mean different lifestyles of eating, not 'dieting' like eating 6 almonds for lunch. And I did rethink this month's program. I will kinda-sorta start on the top of the food chain. I'm adding eggs and goat dairy this month, maybe the occasional lean meat (maybe). I didn't quite explain that I have been mostly vegetarian since 2005, so it may be tougher for me to try meat regularly, even though I occasionally have had a chicken breast, bison, or fillet mignon. Goat cheese, yogurt, and milk has enzymes closer to human, and I know a famous yogi who only eats goat products and no other dairy. I myself, am addicted to Clifford Farm eggs from Provo, UT. The yolks are orange, are creamy, and are packed with B vitamins (very calming) and omega-3 fatty acids (great for skin and hair). So I am experimenting with those this month, along with whole grains, nuts, and tons of veg with fruit in the morning or as smoothies.

I did have a dear friend who emailed me and suggested, well rather insisted, a regimen; and thank you, I am open to all suggestions. However, I am doing experiments for a reason so I can tell you from my personal experiences what works and what doesn't for me. More importantly, I just want my healthy life back! Not drinking or smoking is the #1 priority for me. My friend also said that a microbrew is better than any sports drink after a workout. That may work for my friend, but I ain't touching the booze.

So to get back on the regimen, lunch is what should have been for breakfast, and it's something I stole from Liberty Heights Fresh (they sell this at the downtown farmer's market on Saturday mornings). I think they use millet, but I have a great rice mix I got in bulk at Whole Foods. I cooked up an egg and one egg white sunny-side up, but you can do scrambled. Then I sauteed swiss chard in grape seed oil. Then you mix them all together! I like sea salt and cracked pepper, and for a kick I minced a jalepeno in there. Yummy. To drink I made 'spa water'. This is easy and delicious. To a pitcher of water, add a few lemon slices. Refrigerate at least for one hour before drinking. I also like orange slices, cucumber, mint, and even a rosemary sprig. It's fun to experiment around with this. Later I will work out and have a snack or anoter small meal. I forgot to mention, eating 4-6 small portions a day instead of 2-3 huge ones gives me more energy. If I skip meals then gorge out, I end up being so sleepy!

Later taters,

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment