Total Pageviews

Monday, September 3, 2012

Appreciating


Good morning! The appreciation starts today, and I hope you can join me. I am a month and a week quit from alcohol and cigarettes. I admit that I still have my heart murmur occasionally since I started the Wellbutrin, and I also have a strained knee when I bend it diagonally, and I have another joint strain on the inside of my right elbow, However I am appreciating all  can do physically and I appreciate all that I have. Okay hold on I will call my doc....I'm not just crying wolf this time....ha ha they are closed for the holiday weekend! Alright tomorrow! I just put an alert in my Smart Phone.

So I have an important story. I admit also that I shop and drive around to relieve bordom. I know better, and life is better, when I 'shop in my closet' and find productive things to do at home. I was going to drive across town to a Target for no reason at all. I have told you about replacing smoking and drinking with shopping. Some of it is good, like local bath salts at the farmer's market and healthy food, but I own more stuff than I realize. So, I'm so proud of myself, here goes:

I woke at 8 am and did yoga. Had an iced coffee (I know I know) with home-made cashew milk, and a green smoothie. I just had an avocado with sea salt and it's 10:23 am. Oh and these are ground cherries! I also had a few of these. I have no idea what they are but my mother got me hooked on them last year. I've only found them at the farmer's market. They are like tomatillos, where they have a papery outside that you take off to reveal something like a green cherry tomato, which they taste between that and a fruit. Pretty good stuff. Alright Ill look it up....hmmmm they are full of cryptoxanthin. Native to Central and South America. Use like a tomato, put in salads, or make jams and jellies. Huh. Now we kinda know more. I watched the Today Show now Rachael Ray is on with Dr. Oz. Like most women, I am a Mehmet junkie. The pride thing is that today's quote on my Zen calendar woke me up, above. So true. I feel energized and no shopping today. In fact, I'm going through all of my 'stuff' to find new outfit combinations I have never worn, and maybe put some things in a bag for the consignment shop. I have also been going to the planetarium, which I am a member of, to educate and entertain myself for free with the membership.

I do hope to get a theater job ushering, but I forget it's a holiday and hopefully I'll hear back from them this week.

Okay thanks for letting me ramble. Appreciate what you have and try not to spend, just on the essentials. And bath salts.

Love,

Smobergirl

Day 38

No comments:

Post a Comment