Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I feel fantastic


Insanity and yoga made me feel on top of the world this morning. I did Upper Body Weights from the Insanity DVDs. It's Hip-Hop Abs tomorrow. I had a berry-kale-hemp smoothie and a 1/2 avocado. It's another cloudy warm day, which is my cup of tea. I'm teaching a friend yoga and going to an usher orientation later. I may have to start a saving money blog. If you usher, you can see all kinds of entertainment for free!

I was feeling awesome until I received an email from a friend. I thought I wanted to go back to acting in a theater I performed at in the mid-90s. I asked a connection I haven't talked to in three years who I should contact at the theater and when the next auditions for new shows are, and this person responded with, "Speaking of new shows, you should come see me in _______ going on right now! I play _____ and it's so much fun!!! We could go to lunch afterwards!!" Maybe I take everything personally but I didn't get one answer from my actor buddy, just a shameless promotion. I just got a knot in my stomach and an awful feeling. No, I'm not ready to go back there. Actors can be a handful. What's a girl to do. I'll keep being the volunteer queen and see what happens from there. Instinct. It's working so far.

Appreciating what I have is starting to immensely pay off. Aside from helping the community, I own all of the possessions I really need. It's the small things in life like I thought I had to have magenta shoes from TJ Maxx when I have gunmetal ones which would go with the same clothes I wanted to wear the magenta ones for. On The Doctors they promoted Dr. Haushka products and I immediately wanted to go to Whole Foods because they have 15% off cosmetics, skin and body care, and supplements on Tuesdays. Then I thought of my already crowded medicine cabinet. I think I have three night creams in there! Shopping is not going to give me a fulfilling life. But, evil sugary Pumpkin Spice VIA instant iced coffee from Starbucks and my 50% off Groupon will. For now. See ya!

Love,

Smobergirl

Day 46

No comments:

Post a Comment