Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Appreciating what I have

It's a fun game, really. I thought I wanted to try a $10 lunch for Dine O' Round today (last day) but got invited to Dad's to swim and have brunch. Then I thought I wanted an iced mocha on my way home (damn you coffee and sugar) because I had a 20% coupon at this downtown joint, but I went home instead and I made a chocolate 'milk' of cocao powder (useless trivia: cacao and cocoa are the same thing) and almond milk. Use the blender, it doesn't mix with a spoon. Watched the premiere episode of Dexter Season 7 (They are making up for the last two by a landslide! So far.) Then made some fat Italian noodles (1/2 cup) in olive oil and sea salt. I saved about $13. Sweet.

Then this morning I pulled out a pair of hardly worn Tarina Tarantino earrings about seven years old. They are a gem. I should wear them more often. Plus TT is kinda a big deal. I really do have every fashion item I need. Last night at the wedding I had only paid for my Nordy's Rack $25 flats and Kate Spade (on sale last year) purse. I just went naked. No I had an outfit from several shopping trips with my mother. Gotta love moms! A black blazer, gold cami, and black with gold brocade pants. She's quite the bargain hunter herself! Blazer from The Rack, H&M top ($4.50), and TJ Maxx pants. I got a boat-ton of comments on it. Dangit I don't have a photo. Well I kinda do but you just see the blazer. I also managed somehow to do a bang-up hair and make-up job. I never looked more professional nor elegant. I'll post it manaƱa. Plus I am in bed, it is after midnight, and this time I may very well be naked.

I also went a little freaky last week and donated my cheap-material jewelery (except for one pair of earrings) because I read an online article how toxic some of those materials are. Dangerous or not, my jewelry box was over-stuffed and it needed to make some sacrifices. It was pretty liberating actually.

I also thought I wanted Vamp, the famous-20-years-ago Chanel nail polish (It's like $26 now or something insane like that), but I have a deep purple Dior one (only about insanely $23 which I got about a year ago. Again, hardly worn.) You never know what gems you may have lying around, even like my grandmother's flower pin or my great-grandmother's felt and straw hats. Oh I have to show you my gram's little black dresses I inherited. She was a hot tamale in the 40s and 50s! I don't need no stinking lbds, I have two of the best, and ones no one else will have. So go shopping! In your closet! Or your storage unit! Go.

And just eat what's in your fridge and don't let those veggies spoil. Geez!

;)

Love,

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment