Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Control yourself

Take only what you need from it. lyrics to live by from the band MGMT. For me right now I'm not talking about wine or cigs, but money. I traded one addiction for another: Shopping. And in the last two years or so I really splurged, and about half of those things got donated or never used. I think shopping is the excitement of gathering. We were hunters and gatherers you know, and still are. This September if I eat just whole foods or go vegan or raw, I also want a shopping cleanse as part of the experiment. Shop at home, appreciate what I have, use the things I haven't, and have the wisdom to know the difference. Just kidding. I'll only spend on gas, food, and essentials. In place of shopping I can practice guitar, paint, make other stuff, play with the cat, spend more time with my father.

Eating well.Bread kills me but on a veg sandwich from Cafe Niche it was so chewy and delicious. Baby steps. Worked out a storm today: Elliptical machine, Hip-Hop Abs, and yoga.

Love,

Smobergirl

Day 25


No comments:

Post a Comment