Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 15

I am beat! I emceed that event today, I was there for seven and a half hours. It was fun, hot, and I ate nothing but vegan food. I feel pretty good about that. There was beer available, but I wasn't tempted at all. However, I was really tempted to get a blue cheese bacon burger at the fancy steakhouse by me. I had more raw lasagna, veggies, and sweet potato wedges dipped in BBQ sauce at home instead. Pat, pat. I feel pretty awesome, plus I should be saving dinero from all of the local goodies I bought at the event. I have eggs, tons of veg, quinoa, rice, and cacao to eat at home for weeks. I was really emotionally eating when I'd go out. Plus I just wanted to get out of the house and be social. I can do that with concerts, movies, and other things.

I am POOPED! Bandit sure missed me too. I'm trying to erase some guilt because I left the event at 6, as planned by the creator of the event, so I could go to another which is an hour away. Last night I decided not to go to the latter. Both are volunteer gigs and I bought tickets to that concert so I don't feel too horrible even though I can't refund the ticket, but I did say that I had the other evening commitment. The other party didn't care if I worked the gig, but insisted that the band would be worth leaving kitty for twelve hours. I couldn't do it. Plus my body did not want to drive up a canyon for an hour to get there. Sometimes it's okay to say no and listen to you instead of pleasing others. And listen to your pets. :)

Breakfast: Berry, broccoli sprouts, and almond milk smoothie I found in Yoga Journal

Elevenses, well more like twelveses: Two ounces of rawsagna and a messload of sprouts and greens with lemon juice.

4:30: Guacamole, hummus, and vegan slaw

Dinner: a bit of rawsagna with tomato, baby bell pepper, basil sprouts, avocado, 2 olives, and four sweet potato wedges in BBQ sauce

Why so sproutious? I found them at the farmer's market last Tuesday. They are really tasty and Snyder swears by sprouts. Alliteration!

Love and be good to yourself,

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment