Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Don't mess with breakfast

I decided to, after a 20-minute walk, have raw flax crackers and nut dips for breakfast. I felt a 'brick' in my stomach immediately afterwards. Lesson learned. I'm sticking to smoothies. They are light, give me energy, and make me happy.

I still don't feel any effects from the Wellbutrin. I hear it takes a few weeks. Stuff sure came out last night! I cried for 20 minutes then meditated, then went right to sleep. Alcohol suppresses those feelings, and therapists have told me that it's healthy to deal with them and let them out. I'm also being aware of my emotions, which is making my day much better. A yoga teacher once told a class I was in that you suffer in your head if you feel guilt, anger, worry, etc. I caught myself this morning on the way to the grocery store to get ingredients for a raw lasagna. We'll see how that turns out. it will take about ten hours total to make the darned thing. Soak this for 4 hours, marinate that for 6, then assemble, put in turned off oven for 4-6 more. So dinner will be around 9 pm and it's 11 am now. It better be good. ;) So I catch myself feeling hopeless, then think of my 8-month quit. I pretty much felt crap-tastic for 3-6 months, then my life was a thousand times better and I got the ball rolling in so many wonderful things. Now I worry it won't happen again, then I say, "Hey stupid! You're suffering in your head." My bloating is down again, I have more energy already, I coughed everything out. Are those not improvements? I'm also looking forward to emceeing an event coming up. I got two compliments yesterday on how great I looked. I mean, these friends of mine were gushing. It was crazy. My energy is shifting again.

It only took about two months to gain ten pounds drinking again. Pretty freaky eh? After ten days my belly shrank about two inches. Freaky. Wine is one of the least caloric beverages of 80-100 calories per 5 oz. glass, but I was consuming about 700 cals plus a 400-800 calorie meal. Yikes! That will put ten pounds on you pretty quickly. I have hopes, I'm just in the weepy stage. After one more week it usually gets better. It will keep getting better. I know myself.

Day 13

Love,

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment