Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Catch up.








Stupid texts. Okay. I had a birthday. I'll be 40 in a year and I'm actually cool about it and thankful I have good genes and quitting the bad stuff before I do look potentially shitty. I got spoiled. I ate a lot. I bought lots of expensive fizzy water and tonic. Vinca wants me to make a shake every morning for breakfast, which I do like. It's basically a green drink with weird seeds and root powder and stuff. Sometimes I'll think I'll starve early but I don't, and I do have an iced coffee after it. I don't know if that's cheating. Green shake has to include:

Maca powder~Chock full of 60 phyto-nutrients or so

Chia seeds~ Yes the same ones you see on Chia Pets. Turns into a gel in your gut slowing down the process of carbs turning into sugar. It's supposed to be really healthy....

Kale

Collards

Fruit

Hemp

Flax

Goji berries and other dried super berries

Water or coconut water or home made almond milk

NO spinach! Apparently it robs minerals (I'm not buying that but okay Vinca)

NO soy milk! It will mess with my hormones, and we don't want that do we?

I make it pretty tasty. If you put in orange or lemon it takes away the nasty green flavor. And maca tastes like malt kind of, which I like.

The asparagus up there is local and is so much tastier than the conventional stuff.

I'm painting up a storm and put most of my stuff up on facebook. Feeling pretty good. I'm actually being creative for once in years.

I am going up to PC tomorrow to see the parade with my bro and his fiance. Bloody Marys at 9 am. Make mine a virgin! (Note: Tomatoes and tomato products are proven to reduce sun burning. I saw it on Dr. Oz.)

~Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment