Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 69.


Huh....uh.....huh.....huh.....



The guac was exceedingly successful at the non-alcoholic BBQ I went to at my friend's last night. I would box the stuff if I had the opportunity. I saw a show last night on the Cooking Channel, a new station presented by The Food Network, about local food success stories. One was a place in Portland I discovered two years ago called Hot Lips Pizza. (which has nothing to do with a M.A.S.H. reference) Luckily for the owner, she took over her father's pizza joint. But it was her husband who wanted to make soda out of local fruits that blew them up. Now I can even find it at a local grocer's. I did order their habenero sauce online last year, but I will bring one of their sodys to a party if I feel the need to drink something sweet, and I'm not a big advocate of soda. In fact I know it's unhealthy, but a local sustainable one, I will drink occasionally. All it is is fruit, lime juice, sugar, and carbonated water. No corn product whatsoever. (I read a LOT of Michael Pollan in my last nutrition class. Almost everything processed is made out of industrial corn. High fructose corn syrup being a big one, and it's made with the tiniest amount of sulfuric acid. You heard right.)

So it's a much better day today! I am learning to diminish if not obliterate the 'stinkin thinkin' and the anxiety. It is truly all in my head and I sound really strange and really unrealistic when I speak of it. I think I want to either be punished in life, or I really do make mountains out of molehills. And I know for a fact I can be just like my perfectionist father used to be. I will paint, play with Rico (my guitar), learn more Francais, get some raw cocoa ice cream from The People's Market (Sundays 10-3 at the International Peace Gardens, 1000 S. 900 W. in SLC) go to a free yoga class, lift with Cathe on the TV, and pass out.

So, 90 days sober and smober will be in 21 days, and where can I go in 21 days?

Have a wonderful Sunday! Eat your fresh Summer fruits and veggies!

~Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment