Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Eating less (kinda) but rich and healthy.





Feeling pure awesomeness. Anxiety tries to creep in but I keep it at bay. I wonder why I freak out so much. I don't want to find out that I'm chemically imbalanced. That would suck. Actually I think most of us freak sometimes and one of my friends actually believes that we all should be in therapy. OKAY!

I did one hour of Total Body Sculpt With Gilad and it made me sweat. It's weights and cardio. Lots of boxing in this one. Then I made the above 90% raw meal, the jewel yam potatoes from the Asian market (One was like 20 cents) I put through a mandolin and baked the chips on 400 for 8 minutes with olive oil and rosemary salt I MADE. ( grind rosemary and sea salt then store) The sauce is BBQ. I marinated a portobello mushroom cap in Bragg's Aminos, chopped ginger and garlic. Then I made Matt Amsden's "mashed potatoes" with a cheddar cauliflower and macadamia nuts. A cheddar cauli is just an orange cauliflower that tastes like a cauliflower. But it looks cool! However it would be nice if it tasted like cheddar.

Now that I trashed the farmer's markets I want to rave about local dude AJ's raw chocolate. Better, local food can be expensive for a reason, and sometimes it's the gardener's decision. But this guy is pretty fair. It's $6 for a chocolate bar, but it's a rare product, it's good for you, and the hippies need to make money too. Plus, a $6 chocolate bar at a specialty store is usually the 'cheaper' one. This guy is all raw, and his business is Chocolate Conspiracy. http://www.eatchocolateconspiracy.com/ The mint chip is clearly my favorite, but I'm a mint chocolate kind of gal. Then there is his ice cream! I've only found it at The People's Market on Sundays, but it's pretty amazing. It's fair trade, Ecuadorian cocoa frozen in I don't know what kind of non-dairy base. And I know it's not soy. It could be hemp. So after my hard yet fun workout (I love lifting weights, I'm getting into it more, and I really want my arms not obese-looking, or anything else obese-looking for that matter. Ha ha.) I ate 1/4 of that plate and went straight to the frozen dessert. I added berries, cacao nibs, and shredded coconut to it. I was craving sweet. That was my wine sub and it was fulfilled. And I don't feel one ounce of guilt. I'm full with cocoaey and honey goodness, and I had a glass of water, but it's not a sick full. It's still an "I can't eat another bite" full, but I don't feel miserable like when I eat ice cream or other bad desert stuffs. I feel like my stomach has shrunk and I haven't been able to eat as much, but I keep reading that your stomach can shrink if you keep eating less, also you want to eat less or your body wants less if you are used to working out. I'll have to read up on that.

~Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment