Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Thinking problem.




I need to realize I'm only almost 2 months quit after a 7 year habit, and drinking since college and smoking since I was 24. I just turned 39. I think it may take more like 3 months to break a habit and not 3 weeks. I want to get to the point where there is no way I'd touch another Nat Sherman cigarette and I don't pine over a wine dinner invitation, show, or someone drinking it by me. And no I'm not switching to weed, for some friends who I'm sure mean well.

Last night I had the euphoria salad at Sage's Cafe. I mean it's not called that but it took me there. It's their Spinach salad, and in the 5+ years I've been going there I have never had it. It's wilted, has grilled pears, candied walnuts, red onions, and portabellos. I honestly had an outer body experience.

My favorite "green shake" or shake in general to make in the mornings is mixed berries. And they say the darker the color, the better for you. This morning I mixed kale, mint, coconut water, and my funky powders and seeds with fresh raspberries and frozen blueberries. So awesome. My weight is down to 143 from 150. I got up to 155 last Winter. On the morning shakes I feel that I look better, the bloat is going down even more, and my clothes are fitting better. Either it's the shakes or time not drinking alcohol. Or both.

I hung out with the AA crew I met months ago last night at a coffee shop, not were this sign is, after dinner and had a really good time. They reminded me that the quit goes well for about a month because we are determined, then we usually want to give in later because we were so good. That's a no-brainer and I understand why month 2 has been tougher. But every morning I do thank my lucky stars for behaving myself. One of the peeps last night relapsed a month ago and said she felt awful physically and emotionally. Jekyll and Hyde, Man. Been there done that.

Make it a lovely Monday!

~Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment