Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Kaletastic!



I think Sarma and Vinca have me hooked on kale. The #1 reason is that I'm looking better. I think it's the shakes in the morning that are slimming me down a bit, and I'm into the roughness of the pumpkin seed salad from Sarma's book Raw Food Real World. That pumpkin seed oil, spendy but I'm loving it. You can modify by just using pumpkin seeds (pepitas). The kale seems to be buried in this salad but it's there! The green round slices are a weird veg I found at the Sugarhouse farmer's market called kohlrabi. I peeled and sliced it, and it has a cabbage/artichoke taste. And it's fabulous dipped in Cali's ranch. It would be great dipped in anything really. I also found those edible flowers at the market and they taste like radishes!

I woke up at 9:30 and lifted to Cardio Blast with Cathe Friedrich. Doing that for three weeks twice a week so far has boosted my esteem and toned up my shoulders. I missed my shake (ruh roh) and went straight to the Fix Me salad. Yeah I had my iced coffee. Time for a bath then spending time with friends. Feeling a little anxious and past guilt from my former drunken shenanigans (it's just not going away!) but I'm going to wash that now with a face mask and bubbles.

Love,

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment