Total Pageviews

Friday, July 9, 2010

Don't die with your shit still in you.







Did I do a blog on this? It makes sense. A musician friend who also paints told me this a few years ago. This is one of the reasons why I'm painting. It's not only good through the withdrawals, but I like what I do and for me if not anyone else, I want to see what I can do. My mom's side and my brother and I have always been artistically inclined, I've just been more interested in wine for the past seven years. But believe you me I have a storage closet full of art crap. And I have to thank my mother mostly for that. Painting like guitar or learning French on my laptop is probably better and cheaper therapy than traditional.

However, in the last 3 weeks I've never been so manic in all my life, and I'm pretty sure it's not the drug. I made Sarma's "fix me" salad again with the kale, herbs, and pumpkin seed oil (which is divine). And I covered it in quinoa, avocado, yellow beans, Moroccan olives, garlic scapes, sliced radish, and cherry tomatoes. I do know that herbs make me feel energized and balanced, and avocados are a 'calming food'. I can attest to that as well, and I looove avos! I seriously need to box my guacamole.

However, I don't know if I should believe that the holistic mumbo jumbo is working and just say "well I'm emotionally detoxing" or if I should think that I'm just chemically imbalanced. One dude I dated two years ago called me bi-polar, but, ahem, I was drinking on contraception and I would call him at 5 am asking why he wouldn't call on his trips. (he was a pilot) Yeeeah. Good times. But not bi-polar at least not last I checked, and definitely not in the last 55 days.

So, fudge. I'm giving it three months and if I keep getting depressed...I dunno. Maybe I'll give it six months. I can tell you this and maybe we can do the research: My old probation officer from 2005 (DUI) said that police can detect traces of alcohol in hair follicles up until 3 months of sobriety. Maybe I should do a test on August 17? And speaking of hair, who's that fine specimen?

That painting is not Isaac Brock of Modest Mouse. It was supposed to be. I got an email 3 hours before their concert last night from a record shop holding a contest for VIP seats to make a portrait of him. So I'm like, "Wow this is a sign to keep painting! I'll make a masterpiece!". Wonk wonk. It was fun, but when I finished the painting copied from a photo older than I thought I forgot he has a beard now. And he's not that thin. Actually I don't think he looks like that at all. But didn't I make a cute mouse! It would have taken less time to draw a circle with a beard and a guitar but Hell look what I can do in an hour. At least my shit is coming out. I did step back and realized I'm not too shabby. So anyone wanna buy some mean-looking thin dude with a fat, silver mouse on his shoulder? You have to admit it kinda looks like a Nagel. It's the eyes.

~Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment