Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Murphy's Law.




I've had the unfinished owl painting for about a year. I could have finished it a year ago. I got new colors last Summer and never opened them. So, I finally got it out to finish, and I can't find my new paints, when I remember running into them last night. Don't cha hate it when that happens? During a quit I usually suffer a serious case of CRS. You figure out what that means. (Can't Remember...) So I pulled out 5 canvases from storage and I'm going to paint backgrounds on those with my old colors that I did find.

I'm going to a nice house party bringing one of my AA buds tonight. Since I left the cult at least he still keeps in touch. I'm making an appetizer of fig cake (the inside of figs smooshed and formed into a big disc), Beehive Cheese (a local dairy), sliced and dusted with cumin and wrapped in proscuitto. And we have to dress 30's chic. Also from storage I got out one of my grandmother's old hats to wear. I have five of them and two dresses from the 30s-40s. This one looks like a spider, but I promise it's really cute on. It will be a blast. One of my friend's French cafe-style bands will be playing. Swanky!

Feeling in good spirits today. Ate my anti-depressant tangelo for the day. Had some eggs, pesto, and goat cheese from Cafe Niche. Had my home made coffee. Drinking lemon water now and sweet potato 'fries' are baking. Tired though. I had insomnia last night. Being on the computer and having a store-bought iced coffee probably didn't help. However I did download some iPhone apps that I really like:

Relax Lite
iRelax
aSleep

I also got one called Mindwave that changes your brain frequency to relax, but I think the sound is really creepy. It's just me.

Overall having a nice, relaxing Sunday.

~Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment