Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 23, 2010

One Week.


Woohoo. I was thankful this morning that I didn't (erm couldn't) give in last night. The crave came in a wave, then it disappeared.

I was at a BBQ with a few friends from my high school swim team last night. I felt that I was the only one without a wine or beer in my hand. I made my famous guacamole and it was a hit. I ate that and salsa and 1/2 of a brownie and 3 cups of water before the grill was ready. I wanted a glass of wine so badly and if I wasn't on Antabuse, I probably would have then left getting a bottle on the way home and a pack of Nat's. Then a friend in a local band texted reminding me of a show I wanted to go to. Immediately the crave disappeared. I brought a beautiful filet of wild salmon and the host's wife made teriyaki sauce with fresh ginger and garlic. It was so yummy! There's a fish market downtown where I got it, and I should go there more often. I had an 8 oz. filet and ate 1/2. The other 1/2 is for later. Plus I had more chips, guac, and salsa than I wanted. I had that sweet craving last night so I'm grateful my friend made brownies. :) So, after I ate the salmon I ran down to the all-ages venue where the show was. Two Utah bands who both moved to LA last year were touring together, and it was a blast! All the sudden I had a burst of energy and I danced all night. Moving around was exactly what I needed to feel better!

I need to drop my pesky anxieties. I had a situation dumped on me but turned it into a positive activity. My lips are still dry and I have some bad cracks in my heels which makes them hurt. But at least my hips are back to normal! Man, I COULD NOT walk yesterday. Literally a pain in the ass. I woke up at 8:30 but tired. Trying not to freak out that I'll not lose or worse, (gasp) gain weight. But I'm a girl so I'll forgive myself for that. I will wait until noon or 2 to take my drugs (uh...huh) to see if I happen to wake up before then. I do have more motivation to get on my paintings and that activity for the non-profit station I work for however.

Okay I just had a bite, the leftover salmon and a mandarin. There is something about citrus, I tell ya. It's so bright and sunny. I don't know anyone who doesn't like oranges. I feel better already. Oh yeah and my cold-pressed iced coffee made me feel pretty good. Another trend I've been doing for the last few days is taking a hot bath in the morning. That sounds pretty good right now!

~Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment