Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 150


At first this morning I thought "well that's not that long." then I realized it actually is. One year sounds more impressive, but I'm almost halfway there, if I choose to stay off the booze, which more plausible; but definitely smoking I'm going to be super-excited to make that first year. I think your lungs return to normal after 5-10 years, but one is pretty awesome. 150 days is pretty awesome.

I actually talked to my step-mother today and I told her I have the Antabuse prescription for 6 months, but I think I want to take it for a year. I still have a big craving about every 40 days, and she told me that she saw a movie on TV, which she rented through Netflix for me, and it's a public service movie about alcoholism, AND it mentions that the brain craves it every month or so after a period of sobriety. It's a movie about the genetics of alcoholism. So it's good to know that I'm normally on my way. And of course it's good to know that there are materials like this out there. That old fan of mine who was bashing me behind my back, I don't want her to understand, it's not up to her to understand. Yeah it made me upset, but hello, I'm going to make people uncomfortable with this blog.

What I don't understand is making a second batch of Pasta Ponza. Speaking of pasta withdrawals. I 'only' had a serving and 1/2 today. I made it right this time too. I didn't have the capers and forgot the olive oil on top of the breadcrumbs the first time. Sooooo I HAD to make it again! I don't think I've eaten pasta for three months until last week, and cheese besides goat cheese. This is the perfect marriage of light sea salt, sweet, and tang I just can't stop. I don't think there is a Pasta Anon meeting in my area though. Oh but you see I made a salad with it! It's kale even, with butter lettuce, green onion, pepitas, walnuts, pumpkin seed oil, and lemon juice. I even feel better breaking out the BOSU. I love that thing. It's still $99 after the phenom came out decades ago, which was frustrating to me, but it is a good product. And I feel even BETTER having my precious hormone-balancing shake this morning.

Shake it:
1 tart red apple
1 bok choy
lemon juice from 1 lemon
1/4 cup water (mmmm spa water with 1 vanilla bean, lemon slices, and mint sprigs in the pitcher)
1 TBS maca
1 TBS chia seeds
1 tsp flax seeds ground
1 tsp hemp seeds
LOVE

So I got another liver test today (and I had to get a CVC [?] I'll ask when they call with the results) and about five blocks away I see a truck parked in a driveway that said "Wine Ice Cream". I couldn't have had better timing.

Namaste and love and all that jazz,

Smobergirl

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Portia! Congrats on 150 days. Love your taste for food as well. All the best on your journey.

    Cheers,
    Randy

    ReplyDelete