Total Pageviews

Monday, October 4, 2010

Raw


Shake:

2 large kale leaves
1 bosc pear
ginger knob!
1 tsp cocoa and maca powder
1 tsp flax seeds ground
1/4 cup spa water (from a pitcher of mint, cucumber, and lemon slices)
1 tsp chia seeds

Lunch:

Sarma's 'Fix Me' salad with a few tweaks.

chopped kale
1/2 avocado
basil leaves, torn
spiced pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
sliced heirloom tomato
sliced fennel
cubed bok choy
pumpkin seed oil
sea salt
Daiya vegan cheese shreds

I also had the rest of Mazza's muhammara and hummus on a romaine lettuce leaf, and sliced a bit of a raw yam with BBQ and spicy mustard to dip in.

Yoga:

Express at CCY on 9th and 9th. I did my favorite inversion, a tripod stand. Seeing the world from a different perspective and having my organs shift up. Apparently this is good for them. Plus I like to stand on my head. I always liked gym and the like. I can still do cartwheels. Oh yeah, Bandit's new thing now is somersaults. Must get a video opportunity someday!

I read some of Sarma's first book last night and she talked about emotional detox from going raw. I am just playing with this idea again. However I still fall back on iced coffee and chocolate and goat ice cream. Need to slow the emotional detox, you know. ;)

I am watching a paid program on anxiety and depression and I'm definitely figuring out my own issues just by watching people's stories on the TV. Funny story, the holistic therapist I worked with gave my mom, who has wanted to quit smoking for years, a free session. Then she offered her "only $495 for ten sessions" to make her quit smoking, and saying THAT made my mom quit! She just said no thanks, that was six weeks ago and my mother hasn't had one cigarette since. Sometimes, maybe all of the time, the answer is not 'out there' but within us. She got the gum, she was hungry all the time for a few weeks, but she's doing it.

Namaste,

Smobergirl
Day 141

No comments:

Post a Comment