Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Listening to my body.

Day 152 peeps. I should get my third liver maintenance test and CVC (whatever that is) results next week. I was not hungry at all today, but ate more than I wanted and now feel physically uncomfortable. Oops. Note to self: listen to the bod next time.

Shake:

It was the last downtown farmer's market today and I rode my bicycle over and had a raw cacao/banana smoothie.

I found baby greens, my precious Happy Monkey XXX Hummus, (they will soon be in Whole Foods and Harmons) Drake Family Farms' jalepeno goat chevre, and mushrooms from my friends Amber and Rob. I went to Power Hour at CCY. It's 1 hour of power yoga. I told my dad I did an hour of power, and he laughed because there was that old church show on TV called "Hour Of Power".

My poor tummy. Okay, damn you Laloo's and Crumb Brothers. lol. I am hanging out ( I should be practicing French or guitar or painting) waiting for 10 pm to roll around. I promised a friend I'd see him and 3 others do comedy tonight. It's at a bar and grill, all ages so I won't feel uncomfortable. If it was in a wine bar...different story. I have been thinking, and the 6-month mark is in a month from tomorrow, that I'd better stick with Antabuse for another 6. That is if the assistant doesn't call me back next week saying that my liver is failing from the drug, which I really doubt it is. Why did eat soooo much? I guess I am a bit paranoid that I'll gain the weight back from a little dairy and processed grains. Pishaw. And I did my hour of power today. Man my ankles were sore! We did a million (okay four) forward folds with our legs way wide apart. You hold that for then a million seconds, or 2 minutes. I am getting excited for the teacher training. Getting a real job, feeling part of the real world. Playing by the rules. Not feeling like a guilty bum. I am even thinking maybe I could get a job out of the state. Maybe. Get out of dodge. It is quite probable, actually, that it could end up that my brother and the new wife, my dad and stepmom, me, and maybe even my mother and step-dad could all end up in California by chance. I keep threatening to move to Seattle, Vancouver, or Portland, then my father keeps saying how high the suicide rates are there, at least in Seattle and Portland. It's just cold in Canada.

So I got fresh kale and it's back to home-made smoothie, big SALAD for dinner and maybe a small goat cheese and mushroom sammy for lunch tomorrow. I'll toss or freeze....can you freeze pasta?

Smobergirl

1 comment:

  1. sore throat is not a lot of fun its just uncomfortable and difficult to swallow.

    usually, i would take the Nim Jiom Cough Syrup (www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm ) which has a thick consistency formulation. it coats the throat and includes herbs that are particularly good for that application.

    i hope it works on you as well.

    ReplyDelete