Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mantras

A mantra is a motto if you will, something that you believe in, a repeated word or phrase. I have been trying to be successful with the mantra "I have all that I need". I'm getting better at it, attempting to lose the shopaholic tendencies that have been replacing my wining (never whining) and smoking as of late. "I deserve this!" has been my mantra for the last couple of months. Then I thought I was proud of myself finding yoga capris at TJ Maxx for $12.99, only to find that I own two pairs almost exactly like them. So today I kinda had a miracle with "I have everything I need." I was buggin about my grocery habits, and decided to cut down and go to Harmon's instead of Whole Paycheck. I spent about the same, actually, and how did that happen. I kinda moped on the way home, made a huge home made soup which smelled awesome with black beans and frozen mushrooms from Harmon's, frozen peas, garlic, ginger knob sliced, tomato diced, water and veggie broth powder. Then I get a knock on my door. It's my Indian neighbor with veggie coconut curry she made, because I picked her up from the airport the other night. This was about noonish. Then she asked if I've eaten yet, and we had some of it at her place. Then she breaks out different things like dal she just made and yogurt to add the basmati rice we had for dessert. Then she sends me home with even more stuff than she originally had brought over. I'm totally stocked for at least 2-3 more days' worth of dal, rice, and curry. I think the lesson here was, did I need the Harmon's run? On top of that I had lunch with a new friend. I really like her. She's about my age and her hubby just got a job out of town, so we both decided we could use company from each other now and again.

Oh and I'm kind of sick, hence making soup today. I joked with another friend over the phone today that since I'm going to be a yoga teacher, that people think I'm crazy if I A: drink coffee, B: eat meat, C: pull a muscle, and 4: get sick. It's like I have to be this hippie athlete superhero, which I am only about 335 days of the year. Just kidding. Have you ever tasted a funny taste in your mouth which fogs up from your throat when you get sick? I have that action going on right now. I know grody. I have plans to go to Bikram tomorrow afternoon with another buddy whom I've been trying to hook up with to do yoga with for months, so I hope I'm up to par. However I did enjoy the 30 Rock marathon courtesy of Netflix and leftover dal and rice today. Okay and about 20 spiced cashews from Trader Joe's my mom sent only a few days ago. Feed a cold, right? And I never needed that grocery run today.

Smobergirl
Day 156

No comments:

Post a Comment