Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Can't sleep.

Insomnia, a side effect of quitting. One thing I regret of not choosing events over wine is when I was In Portland two Autumns ago: I missed seeing the birds circle around a chimney for an hour then go down it. This happens every night from 6-7 pm. Two, seeing Everclear play acoustic. Apparently they never do that except in their hometown. In both instances on my trip I chose to drink a bottle of wine in my hotel room instead. Get out of your comfort zone and choose joy over boozing up.

Smobergirl.
Bon Nuit!

1 comment:

  1. "So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss
    And my heart turns violently inside of my chest
    I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way..."

    and if you're not in the mood for a hymn, how about:

    "What was your face like before your parents were born"

    or

    "Nothing ever happened in the past; it happened in the Now. Nothing will ever happen in the future; it will happen in the Now."

    But that's much easier said than done. It's so hard for us to not give power to the past. We feel it defines who we are. It gives us comfort. It gives us value. It gives us regrets. But it only exists in our mind.

    I hope you were able to get some sleep, and are ready to watch Tony Bennett with rested mind. Enjoy the snow!

    ReplyDelete