Total Pageviews

Friday, December 11, 2009

One week!

In less than two hours actually. Woohoo! The trick is, and one of my AA buddies told me this today, is to ignore your thinking. Like I said, we drinkies have a thinking problem, a big one. Don't think you are all better because I had a whammo moment tonight. I felt 'cured' today. "Oh, I learned my lesson finally. I'll never go back there. This is great. I'm so proud of myself!". I had my guitar lesson, actually jittery from too much coffee (still working on that one), but it was great. I ate healthy with the exception of the two yummy meatballs, went to yoga, treated myself to black cod at a fancy schmancy restaurant, then WHAMMO. "I want to get wine. I want to get Hint Of Mints. I want to cheat once and not tell anyone. I'm lonely. I'm bored. Just this once." Well, how many just once's have I had? I lost count. I have four numbers in my phone that I could call, but I just called my mom! It actually worked. I didn't tell her what I was going through, we just talked. I want to be a good influence to her and everyone around me.

My bloat has gone down despite my pecan pie binges and the meatballs. ;) My hot Deisel top and D&G jeans are still hanging on my bedroom door. I know if I binge I will continue to have my Homer Simpson face profile. I still put green powder in my spa water, which keeps me feeling good. The lemon or oranges keeps the grassy taste at bay. Wow Natalie Cole sang with the Mormon Tabernacle choir last night. Fabulous. And going to yoga classes and lifting will probably result in the body I had three years ago and perhaps better that I'm not drinking. I had friends from a theater I did plays at in the 90's who were 'skinny fat' like me. One was an aerobics teacher and one hardly ate, but boy could they party! Shots, wine, beer, you name it. They looked beautiful in their clothes or costumes, but to see them close up in a hot tub, they looked kinda squishy. Then my aerobics teacher friend got pregnant, and quit the booze. I saw her five months later and she looked so tight and trim, pregnant! I didn't ask questions, but assumed that it was the lack of drinking. Maybe she changed her diet also, I do not know. I just saw a woman like you see preggo celebs, fit with a little bowling ball in there. However, she looked more fit than she did during her drinking days.

Okay Zach Braff, Tony Bennet, and Sarah Palin are on Conan tonight. I'm recording it if anyone wants to come over this weekend.

Love,

Smobergirl
Day six.

No comments:

Post a Comment