Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

This quit is an emotional one.

So far since I've hooked up with AA I have no desire to drink but stuff definitely came out today. And if you are detoxing like I am, you need to control your brain. A lot. Either that or I'm just psycho. ;) I'd almost get envious of someone else or think I'm wasting my time by just relaxing, or thinking about a million other things; then I remember what my sponsor said that someone once said to her, "You don't have a drinking problem, you have a thinking problem." It is very true, at least for me, that substances make me lose interest in life. And I can work harder, but for now I am being good to myself and taking it easy, studying nutrition as I need to and picking up the guitar when I feel I want to. In fact I was going to wait for an evening yoga class, then I was pretty stressed and wanted to do it right away, so I did an hour a while ago and I feel much better. So there. Mind you I won't be balanced and will act coo coo for a few months perhaps. I should have said that on post #1. But this time I am actually excited for the transformation. Actually telling you the side effects is fun! I had more potato leek soup for lunch today and I think it tasted better than yesterday. I feel dizzy, which could be the oxygen rush to my brain and organs from not smoking. Well I hope that's it!

~Smobergirl
Day four

No comments:

Post a Comment