Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Nice outfit!

They are hung up and ready for me to fit into them again one day. I didn't notice that they kinda look nicely together. The jeans were a present my mom found at TJ Maxx, Dolce and Gabbanas, pretty fancy. They didn't fit until I went to that yoga bootcamp, well they didn't fit even then although I lost a pant size. It wasn't until a year later I went gluten-free, that sure made me lose another size, and I wore the pants once. Then I went back to bread and pasta and I went up a little again. Then I ate cheese again and ate at restaurants that probably used a lot of oil and butter. Eateries are known to use three times more oil, butter, and salt than normal. The top, which I miss dearly, is a silky Diesel number I got on sale. The gray flowers are silk organza, and the men dug it. It's so soft and lovely. It used to fit, then two Summers ago I tried it on, and it squished my boobs so they looked square. Not pretty. Then that September I went to Portland, land of whole, local, sustainable food. Somehow I gained 5 pounds in 5 days there. Could be Voodoo Doughnuts, blue corn pancakes, and more wine in the hotel room instead of watching Everclear play acoustic in their hometown. More regrets and more weight. I don't have to tell you that drinking also leads to salt and crappy food cravings. I do my best here at home, but I was on vacation! And yes sometimes I have a little cheat food. Hmmm, like my weekly risotto and white crusty bread blue cheese spiced almond appetizer at Tin Angel. Damn, busted. However, now that I read Oprah's trainer's 'five bad foods' list and hung up the little clothes, I think things will be different. I had that soup and sammy today, then when I hung up the clothes on the door I only had a salad and quinoa mixed with my bs dish (brussels sprouts). for dinner I made a fresh mango, lime, satsuma, and blood orange tea smoothie. Remember the blood orange tea I had at Marmalade? Well I found some in bulk, and it is so delicious and packed with vitamin C. I got it online at Adagio teas. It's just dried blood oranges. I went to The Tea Grotto and they have a black tea version, but I wanted just the herbal tea. Tea Grotto in Sugarhouse has more than 100 teas and is the best. I have dried ginger, peppermint, chamomile, and lavender from there. I like to mix them up for different needs I have.

Well, I did well for my bod and mind today. Exercise: Total Body Sculpt With Gilad and 10 minutes sun salutations. Water: 2 liters. Iced coffee: 12 ounces.

~Smobergirl
Deux

1 comment: