Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Your moood will be booosted!


That's Max Kirsten talking about drinking lots of fruit juice when you quit smoking to raise your blood sugar levels. He's right. That's apple cider next to my spa water there. I had two glasses today and I felt calmer and happy with each glass. Max is British. I also finished watching three hours of Eddie Izzard. He is pretty hysterical. I didn't have cake but I had a small slice of Carlucci's pecan pie from Thanksgiving that no one ate with my juice tonight. I figured about 250 cals vs. 600 empty wine cals should not be horrible, and at this stage, I do not feel bad doing so. I will fit into my Deisel and D&G outfit I promise. Shall I make a date? Next Christmas? Kidding. How about seeing where I'm at in 8 1/2 weeks. Because that movie is kinky. Kidding. I read in the Glamour two years ago that an editor who only drank on the weekends tried the 'no alcohol diet' for nine weeks and lost 15 pounds. Previous readers tried it and lost an average of 9-10. I know enough about nutrition that if I crave that I will make a wise choice and say, not eat the entire pie. The slice I had was about 1/2 of an average pie slice. and I drank boatloads of water to make sure I was full quickly. I also did 20 minutes of yoga, and plan to do something more active yet fun tomorrow. I took a hot ginger bath with peppermint and lavender oils to sweat out some toxins and to relax. I promise NOT to be neurotic if I want a slice of cake (cake please) from SL RoCo or more Beto's, or more pecan pie from the fridge. I also know that my anxieties will only be temporary.

Bonsoir!

~Smobergirl
Day three.

1 comment:

  1. It's so good to hear that you were getting it on with the Izz. The power of endorphins cannot be underestimated - and thankfully you can't OD on them. And I'm also all for not sweating over a slice of pie. Diversification, moderation, mindfulness. Could the same be applied to alcohol? I'm sure the folks at AA would say no. Maybe because alcohol has such an adverse affect on judgement. Maybe because of the strong physiological interaction. Or maybe because of the psychological and emotional relief alcohol affords (at least temporarily). Of those three, the last is assuredly the strongest reason that alcohol becomes problematic for people. So, in theory, if someone were to get to the point of complete abstinence (to stop any physical dependance), and also get to the point of resolving or at least "unempowering" the things that make emotional escape so appealing or necessary, couldn't they also get to the point to be able enjoy a glass or two of wine once in a while without complete loss of control? Maybe I'm too much of an optimist - or maybe your research has already addressed all of this...

    ReplyDelete