Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"Cut The Crap" Hangover





Yes, that's what it's called. It's in Tosca Reno's book. I, being ignorant because I thought I was healthy in the first place, skipped the fact that I could experience blemishes, fatigue, and "flu symptoms". Well there ya go. I'm also getting out of my comfort zone. I really am a foodie and being single I like to go out and eat socially, however hallelujah Reno has advice for eating out, because she knows we're only human. Yay we can eat out. I have plans to have sushi with friends for lunch tomorrow, easy. Then lunch on Friday with a friend at a vegan place, easy. I just need to watch the sodium intake and not eat bread or white rice. No spicy mayo. No tempura. I can do it. Heck I went vegan for 40 days, I can handle this. I like me a challenge. My nose is still buggin and I'm still a bit tired though. Tosca how can I work out 6 times a week if I have "flu-like symptoms"? :) Yes, I did get a nice red zit on my cheekbone thanks very much. I'm assuming that I'm cleansing. I can't wait to see what happens. I hope something positive happens.

Look what came in the mail today? Synchronicity. Down dog is recommended for the common cold . To drain your head maybe?

Dinner was a version of Reno's spinach florentine without the spinach. I ran out. It's two egg whites folded in a square over baby greens from my planter! Aren't they cute? I can have hot sauce, yay, so I dashed that on top. Roasted red bell pepper, fresh orange bell pepper and minced garlic. Roasted sweet potato wedge. And brown rice. Being on this diet makes me realise that even though it's sea salt, I use a lot more of it than she recommends. Then there's the eating out, and I'm sure most places use table salt and sugar. Speaking of sugar, for sweet I had a snack in the form of a shake in-between lunch and dinner.

5 strawberries
1 cup water
1 scoop cocoa hemp protein powder
Ice cubes
1 tablespoon flax seeds


Reno talks about flax seeds in the book, and recommends 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds every day. I agree with her and my holistic therapists that grinding them is essential to get their nutrients and for proper digestion. And it helps "move things along" too. So flax is awesome for constipation. Oh you love my potty talk and you know it.

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment