Total Pageviews

Friday, May 27, 2011

Hey...look...






This is from the 5/25 issue of In This Week. http://www.inthisweek.com

How ya like me now? ;) Quitting has it's payoffs. Someone in AA once announced that those who recover have better lives ten-fold then those who never had an addiction. Now I'm not encouraging you to get a bad habit, but I believe in this kind of karma. It's a correcting and a forgiveness to yourself and therefore everyone else around you. This article throws me out there, but it's the most amazing thing that has happened to me in a very long time. I already received several comments saying that I have inspired themselves or showing their pride in me. I got my hair trimmed on Wednesday and my friend at the front desk said that because of me, he quit drinking for two weeks. He didn't read the article. That still almost makes me cry. My father just called, he does not even know about the article which I get into some pretty candid details, saying that I am looking pretty amazing and what am I doing? I think subconsciously I'm a bit afraid to get emotional with my father (he's not too much of a man who expresses emotions but he's opening up more as he gets older) and all I talked about was kale shakes and not eating out as much. Oops I didn't talk about the smoking and drinking. Thing is, he thinks I quit smoking about 11 years ago and I'm kinda skeered. But, he sounded damn proud anyway over the phone, and being a former entrepreneur, suggested I publish a smoothie book. Already thinking about it, Dad! :)

Thank you In This Week for finding this blog! You have further changed my life on this crazy and fantastic journey.

Love,

Smobergirl

Day 375

No comments:

Post a Comment