Total Pageviews

Friday, May 27, 2011

Hi.




I forgot the name of this local artist but she was at the Urban Arts Festival that I announced bands at last Saturday. She started making baby clothes then adults, including myself, wanted her cute hats in adult sizes. Now she's making these owl pillows. It's snuggly. I could use snuggly tonight...

Breakfast: Pineapple Heart-In-A-Blender Shake
1/4 pineapple cubed
1/4 papaya, seeds and all. I felt a little coo coo-bananas (note: there are no bananas in this shake)
1/2 mango
3 kale leaves
maca, chia, hemp, flax
1/4 cup almond milk I made
1/4 cup water

Lunch: Arugula-mint-spinach-watermelon-feta-balsamic vinegar salad
Dinner: Greek God Honey yogurt with granola, buckwheat, coconut shavings, and cubed mango.

I know I know. Sweet, sweet, and more sweet. And not a lot of food. I'll do better manana. Don't start an eating disorder or I'll whoop yer arse, meaning my arse!

Stuff came up, and I now feel different because I've been in a dream state since I got that call from In This Week. I got home from teaching my last yoga class where I'm getting my certificate, and I've been slightly melancholic. I'm in the cry-for-no-reason state, like I have been doing sporadically the past few years, but I feel like I'm not allowed to cry this time. Heh. It's actually tears of joy now, but I was a bit sad before. I am so blessed and lucky. I'm damn lucky. My family is so loving and supportive. My friends love me more than I give myself credit for. My three students today loved the class I taught. Keep in mind I was teaching these on work days, and most of my friends are not really yoga types. But those who came in the last month, eight total, meant the world to me. Plus I felt really comfortable, it was a good start. One of my buds today just went on and on about how he loved my voice and gentleness. I was completely honored by his words. And now I get to be a bum in the yoga world for a while. I hope I get this opportunity to teach yoga for recovery. I should feel like I'm on cloud nine. I think I do. Heck I better! There will be yoga on the cruise (did I mention my birthday trip?) and my dad and I were chatting about how I should teach on a ship for six months. Maybe I'll run to the book store and get Lonely Planet's Europe like my brother suggested to me last night. It was my step-mom's birthday party, that's how my father got to see me and called today to say wow, I look so fantastic, what have I been doing? I quit drinking and smoking Dad. I'll be sure to tell you next time.

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment