Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Race.

Now that I'm on this tangent, and it has nothing to do with being smober or eating well, I am tired of racism! In college I came across a PBS show called Puzzle Place, a children's show about puppets of different races getting along fine until their parents speak otherwise. That same year I saw a Bill Nye show when, a surprisingly Bill was outraged about racism, and explained that blacks were born in hot countries so their skin was full of melanin to handle the intense heat. My mother was raised racist because of her parents, and laughed when I tried to argue what's the big deal? I mean really. Really? Racism is ancient! This is a stupid issue and I seriously do not understand. Sometimes I wonder about myself because I have moles on my face. In Jr. high one girl I knew wouldn't date a boy because he had a mole on his face. Jason Schwartzman happens to be one of my favorite actors. I think he's hot. On top of that, Naveen Andrews who plays Sayid Jarrah (is that typical?) is probably the first person I'd like to marry. Hottie Hotterton. With a racist mother, and without rebelling, I chose these men to consider beautiful on my own. They are unique, smart, and beautiful to me.

Love,

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment