Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Reputation, Tosca, Focus, and poop.




Never stop learning. ;) I know who I am and if someone comes to me concerned by what I put in the In This Week article then I'll stand up for myself. I wanted to express how down in the dumps I got and that wanted me to snap out of it, and I shared a lot of information that not a lot of people know about. Yeah I would probably re-word it now, but I'm still making an impact and the only one really concerned at this point is my mother, which I totally understand. And if the news gets to my dad, he knows I'm an adult. Plus he was so overwhelmed by the way I looked last week, I don't know if he'd really be upset. He went out of his way to call first thing the next morning to ask, "Hey, I'm calling just to say that you're looking...you look really really great! What have you been doing?" With the article, if it ever passes him, he may be concerned about future job opportunities and say something like, "I thought you quit smoking years ago" but that's all I can think of. And to tell the truth sometimes my passion gets ahead of me before I think about consequences. I'm only human. You know what's good about my decision to reveal all of that stuff? Now I really have to keep my word #1, and #2 I'm even more motivated to go to the next level and even look and feel better. And 3, I'm always paranoid, I analyze way too much, I still have some insecurities, and I'm a perfectionist; a few things I need to work on.


So this Tosca diet is not so much of an intense detox but a diet that eliminates processed foods. Oh and you know what, she only advised to cut out caffeine to reduce cellulite. My bad. Black coffee is actually suggested with breakfast, which Reno recommends a lot of egg white dishes, tuff (a small grain), oatmeal, or smoothies. This morning I made her smoothie simply called "Tosca's Protein Smoothie":

1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries
1 cup rice milk (I used water)
2 tablespoons flax seeds
1 scoop protein powder

It is delicious!!!! Do I have enough exclamation points? I added maca powder and chia seeds. I also took 3 Hawaiian spirulina tablets and a shot of ginseng. The book is great for women. There's clean beauty tips in there and of course how to banish cellulite (surprise, quitting smoking and alcohol were two factors), workouts, and other tidbits. Okay here are her foods to avoid (really this time, I found the actual "Eating Clean-What To Avoid" section):

AVOID:
1.All refined, over-processed foods, especially sugar, white flour, and related products

2. Chemically charged foods

3. Foods with preservatives

4. Saturated and trans fats

5. Skipping meals

6. Excess sodium

7. Sugar substitutes

8. Counting calories

9. Alcohol and juice

10. Artificial foods

11. All calorie-dense foods with little or no nutritional value. Reno calls these "anti" foods.

12. Supersizing your meals (she includes a portion size list)

Awesome. I have most of that covered anyway. There's another reason I lost so much weight: Alcohol is basically sugar and empty calories according to Reno. However for you drinkers out there who I'm just killing right now, she does suggest in her regular routine that she will occasionally enjoy one glass of wine (5-8 ounces I'm assuming) drinking water with it or sometimes adding carbonated water in the wine to make a spritzer. I will not attempt this now, but I agree that diluting or drinking water with a glass of alcohol is a smart idea.

It's been a year or more since I talked about potty behavior. Im sure you miss it! Yes it's important. Don't give me that look. It's usually a no fail plan that I'll go #2 an hour after I make a smoothie or have oatmeal. Hot water with lemon helps too if you need help in this area. The past two days I have been eating a ton of leafy greens and fruit, avoiding bread altogether. That is pushing things along so to speak. This is a good thing. And look for the 'golden banana' like one of my holistic therapists said in her thick German accent. LOL. Sigh. I crack me up.

Caffeine? Here's what I am doing for myself. I'm starting to add more Teechino to my iced coffee and I dilute it with water or coconut water. That idea weirds a few of my friends out, but I like it. I'm going to try Jamieson's plan again and eventually switch to all Teechino. I also need to break out my plethora of teas.

I'm also going to attempt to not eat out until the trip. This plan requires that you make all of your meals. For lunch I'll make some kind of grain, eat a protein, and make an arugula spinach salad. And I have to keep drinking water. Why don't you get a glass right now? ;)

Smobergirl

Day 377

No comments:

Post a Comment