Total Pageviews

Friday, January 22, 2010

Eating cleaner.


I got an email today about a cleansing company who delivers four juices and a 2-course 90% raw dinner for $85 a day. I happen to have a fridge stocked with fruits and veg and a pantry with nuts and whole grains. I also have fingerling potatoes, salsas, and hummus. I think I'll play around and start juicing and eating cleaner and save some cash, plus I have so much right now! Maybe I'll put my brother's garlic dressing on hold and make salads with lemon juice and pepper. To me, what makes a cleanse successful, is gradually easing into it and not going from burgers one day to water and juice or that maple syrup thing the next.

I haven't craved for a while, and I have two new friends who I can call in case of an emergency. My AA bud who made me upset the other day, well I love him but talking to him isn't working for me right now. I need friends who can be supportive and not judgmental.

Again, I didn't crave iced coffee this morning but drank 5 ounces anyway. I so do that out of habit. Sound familiar? I had granola with soy milk and fresh berries, and a glass of meyer lemon and cucumber water. For lunch I'll either have hummus on romaine leaves or a big salad with a juice of pear, celery, parsely, cucumber, and lime. Incorporating the liquid with the solid. Or just have the juice and add green powder with 1/2 avocado. I have about 4 avos left and they go bad quickly, so I should eat 1/2 to one today. Avocados have a lot of fat, but it's the good momosaturated kind that is great for your skin and hair. And if all you eat is fruits, veg, and grains all day, I mean it is the only fat you are getting, and nuts are a good fat too. Of course moderation is key.

Okay managing my money. I decided to take just one online nutrition class again for my minor. I feel my "ADD" is still bad, and taking care of myself, I'm only going to do what I enjoy and see how that goes. I LOVE this class so far, it's called Weight Management. The books are modern, innovative, and interesting. They are textbooks I am actually excited to read. Instead of a second or more classes I got Rosetta Stone's French. For 12 years I always wanted to learn, and I have friends from Grenoble and they have always spoken English. It's a beautiful language. I can count to 100 and say my name and "chat", but not much else. I'm stoked to get it in the mail!

Well it's shower time. I received today some hemp (huh-huh) products and can't wait to try them. Hemp seed oil is extremely moisturizing and contains about .5% THC, so you'd need to smoke the size of a telephone pole to get a slight buzz.

After shower it's lunch and a guitar lesson. Playing is still a great stress reliever for me.

~Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment