Total Pageviews

Friday, January 8, 2010

Thoughts...

...and food! I found a book I'm going to check out called Eat Your Way To Happiness. I know so far that salmon and spinach are key players to help you sleep easier. I am being much more aware of what I eat, and yoga is definitely an inspiration. I made a tofu scramble on my "Christmas" griddle (totally loving it [Cuisinart's Griddler Gourmet]), and berries with about an ounce of Greek yogurt (yogurt was added later). The scramble was awesome! I'm a genius. For spice and color I added turmeric and rosemary (the rosemary is so fragrant). For veg I added crimini mushrooms, avocado, and papadew peppers. Then I topped it with Hot Lips habanero sauce. Hot Lips is a string of pizza joints in Portland, Oregon. They make their own sodas from Oregon berries which you can order online, but you need to email them to request their hot sauces. It's worth it. http://shop.hotlipssoda.com/index.php/

I did a segment this morning from Rodney Yee's Am Yoga, which was so relaxing and fun. On the disc are five 20-minute segments of different areas: Standing poses, backbends, hip openers, twists, and forward bends. It's a nice change from doing a dozen sun salutations and lunges. I did the standing poses, and it was a great stretching/balancing class and good for the core (abs) too. It wasn't too easy nor too grueling. Rodney rocks. I would really like to do a retreat with him someday. I feel very zen this morning. The berries woke me up and brought me joy, and so did the lesson. On the DVD there is an interview with Mr. Yee and he expresses how much joy and calm you can get from yoga, and at anytime you can tap into the joy within yourself. I'm going to eat more fruit again. I unconsciously took a break from it and did not feel as happy. I'm serious! Fruit=happy food. I got a bunch of mandarins and a pineapple yesterday. And I have a couple of pomegranates I need to crack into. The seeds are excellent in a salad. I'm also eating more salad since my brother gave me that garlic dressing for Christmas. http://www.garlic-expressions.com/

Namaste,

Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment