Total Pageviews

Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm finally getting over it.

That would be my old job. It is like getting over a relationship. In fact, I did have a romantic relationship similar to my old job. A job can be like a relationship, eh? But I broke up with them because I didn't feel respected, and I was there for ten years, even though it was in 6 and 4 year increments. That's not necessarily the truth. I don't know their side. Maybe I am melodramatic. However, I wasn't happy, I expected to go up when I went down. Had a hard time, drank my problems away, from them and bad romantic relationships. The things we do when we either don't feel appreciated, or when we disappoint ourselves. The guy, I met through friends setting me up. I wasn't interested and it seemed vice-versa, then a week later he started pursuing me. I fell for him a month later, then the tables turned. He said I wasn't a go-getter, and he wanted Tuesdays and Thursdays to himself. On top of that he kept old pics of his ex in a bikini, who was drop dead gorgeous. And when we first kissed he said, "I just want to have someone to do stuff with." There was another relationship I had who the man dated a hot Asian chick before me. When we first did the deed, here we are naked in my bed and he says, pointing to my belly, "How do you get rid of that?". Seriously. I stuck with him for three more years. Blinders. I think I just had no self-esteem. But I finally broke that off too. He's now married to a woman about my size, and he said in a recent email, "I treat her better from my mistakes with you." Gee, thanks. You'd think I'd be smarter, but no, I had freakin' stupid love blinders on. Kinda like the old radio station. They liked me around but I was hoping for something more. Blinders. It's also sad because there were several other employees not as fortunate as me wishing for the same thing. I wonder how they are feeling. So it ended just like the guy. He said there was never a spark, after a six month relationship, and I left but cried and had a grudge for almost a year. The station cut my hours to 10-midnight on Sundays and I left, feeling about the same, and it's been 8 months. I loved it there, but was sad at the same time.

So today the cloud just lifted. I need to let them go, and I don't care anymore. Sometimes it takes time to do that.

~Smobergirl
Two weeks tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment