Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 10, 2010

One fish stick too many.


Here's that recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/everyday-italian/parmesan-fish-sticks-recipe/index.html

I had 1/2 of an Asian pear an hour before I had lunch, and it's true what nutritionists say about eating an apple before a meal: you won't eat as much! The soluble fiber in the apple turns into a 'jelly' in your belly and gives you a feeling of fullness. So after 3 sticks I was satisfied. I had to eat my salad anyway, then the last stick was just staring at me. I hate that. My 'fullness' scale is at a 10 though I don't feel like I have to roll around but level 7 or 8 is when you should ideally stop. I had 5 ounces of fish. According to my last nutrition class I should of had three. It's not horrible and I'm eating better (no-fat or no dairy and little gluten aiming for none of both), but I am really relaxed and a little sleepy (Too much EVOO and bread crumbs. Crunchy goodness.) And they are baked! Okay. No more whining or excuses. Need to concentrate on the quit, even though eventually I want to eat for energy for life. Members of AA have recommended eating more, smoking, or eating sweets...anything but no alcohol! However, I just want to be healthy during withdrawals without freaking out. The iced coffees and fruit/juices definitely help, and sometimes eating more seems like a good option, and if I do I try to make better food chioces.

Good Eats has a diet show which I'm watching right now. It's quite educational. Alton Brown lost 50 pounds and shows us how. He just made this amazing-looking almond snack on the show: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/ginger-almonds-recipe/index.html

In two hours I'll pop in a yoga DVD, then go to that meeting.

Namaste,

Smobergirl
Two weeks in two days biotches!

No comments:

Post a Comment