Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Big day.

I made a healthy lunch at noon of arugula, Dad's tomatoes, Caputo's mozzarella, red onion from Cook's Farms, cucumber, and flax seed salad with lemon juice, balsamic, and cracked sea salt. Farmer's market corn with olive oil and cayenne salt.

I emceed a local band show at The Gallavan Center from 2-10 today. I had two vegan hot dogs with fresh white onion and jalepenos. One 16 oz iced coffee and 3 liters of water for the day. The Gallivan is a huge venue, but I would guess only 80 people max showed up, and 30 pounds of food for the benefit for The Utah Food Bank. We wanted 500 pounds and just as many people. I have been in radio for 14 years, and my guess is that people don't care or know about local bands, and the sad truth is that if they had a national headliner we would have made our goal and then some. Like if EWR spent an extra grand or two for a national act who would play for that, they would have done so much better. This is the fourth annual event for this company, and every year only friends and family attend for the bands. It does make sense. And this year I saw posters for the event on every inch of Salt Lake City, but it didn't matter. If we got a popular indie band like Vampire Weekend, Sea Wolf, Deer Tick, or Blitzen Trapper; maybe even Buddhist Michael Franti would have played for $1000. I will put the bug in EWR for next year. I'm putting this on my music blog.

Sweet dreams!

~Smobergirl
One week smober!

No comments:

Post a Comment