Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Good morning!

The weather was perfect for the farmer's market today. I got arugula, corn, purple onions, chicken of the woods mushrooms, and cilantro. I also grabbed a bowl of vegan chili verde for breakfast. I got my iced coffee but it wasn't too satisfying (but I'm quitting that in a few days so that's a good sign?). I had some Gardenburgers in the freezer and soy cheese in the fridge. For lunch I whipped up a folate rich meal in a skillet with Asian greens, lemon verbena, arugula, cherry tomatoes, the mushrooms, and the burger with a slice of fake cheese and whole grain mustard. I also had 12 oz of spa water (home made in the fridge with sprigs of rosemary and mint, and lemon slices).

The bitter-sweet story is that my nutrition class is influencing me to avoid all fried foods and refined sugars. At Este last night my dinner came with tiny doughnut holes in cinnamon sugar with a honey sauce. I couldn't do it. Not even one. I did dip my finger in the sauce once, but that's all I could do. I can't even get one tiny cupcake at Carlucci's. I just picture these things going through my body and being stored as fat, and what the sugar will do to my brain; not to mention the dangerous carbon from the frying. So I know what you are thinking. Brain needs to work on that. I know I've been a hypocrite. There was something in chapter three that said most organs can rebuild cells, but the brain cannot. I really forget things after a night of bingeing. Believe me work is no picnic if I give in the night before. Then there's the cig chemicals. I already have broken-down skin and tiny lines on my upper lip that no one seems to notice but me. But they could get worse if I don't stop! Gee that lunch was yummy. Okay so I need to be just as frightened of wine and cigs as dessert.

Yum. Giada is making a lemon chicken soup on the TV.

Okay I think I'll drive up to PC. I bet the air is a bit crisp up there. it's definitely clean, I can tell you. Ooh I have my in-line skates in the car too. That or I gotta do some kind of workout this afternoon. There is a yoga class at 5:30.

So I am still taking St. John's Wort and the Smoke-free tablets. I ran out of Kudzu so I think I'll get more milk thistle. I have a vitamin B complex under my tongue.

After or before a workout I think I'll find a movie to watch. Gotta get my guitar practice in too. Maybe I'll start chapter four (the different kinds of carbohydrate) in my nutrition school book.

Love,

~Smobergirl
Day deux


No comments:

Post a Comment