Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 6, 2009

I'm sick!

Yesterday morning I had a sore throat and felt pretty groggy, which was 10:30 am! I did not make a smoothie or oatmeal, but went to the downtown farmer's market on my bicycle and had a Sunbridge Farm open-faced pesto sandwich. I'm so addicted to those and they make everything on the sammy, even the bread. I also had an iced mint lime tea. I started feeling a little better after an hour.

Steve came over after 1 to help me plug in my macbook to my DJ system. He's a tech-savvy saint. I made 1/4 cup of quinoa and put the dregs of Caputo's pesto from 2 weeks ago into it. I eventually ate the whole thing in a span of 3 hours. I really wasn't hungry. My throat was burning and I was nervous about not feeling well for the wedding I was about to DJ. I did discover some Boiron sinus tablets and Emergen-C packets. I also made a drink out of Acai/green tea powder. So actually most of the day I had liquids.

My adrenaline went up when I arrived at the reception area and my nerves just turned into excitement. These are my friends and I was ready to show them a good time, especially since I had problems with my system and I was immensely freaked out until Steve fixed everything. Dinner was crudites (that's a fancy name for raw veggies), 1/4 cup fruit, about 9 cold shrimp with cocktail sauce, 4 glasses of 8 oz water (one with Emergen-C), and about 1/4 cup of gouda cheese (No, not goat. I went a little bad,) at the party in a span of four hours. Spreading these out, I felt satisfied and kept my energy up. I guess I also got my appetite back. I got home and realized I had some Throat Coat tea. It's amazing and helped me fall asleep.

This morning I woke up at 10:30 again, this time sans sore throat, but I was still so so stuffy. I went up to the Park Silly market, Teechino in tow (with 1 t of Top Pot Coffee from Seattle added). At the Market (P.S. which is every Sunday 10-4 until September 27) I had sushi nachos from The Flying Sumo. That's three FRIED (nooooooooooooooo) wonton skins 3' in diameter with raw tuna, a dollop of guacamole, and wasabi dressing. There could have been mayo in that dressing. Sorry, I felt like being a bit naughty this morning. Then I went home and here I'm staying nursing my nose. I made a huge pot of that Giada's tomato soup. I had that at 3 pm with some Park Silly bread (sourdough with pumpkin seeds and pesto) dipped in the same company's pumpkin seed pesto! As you can probably tell right now, I really hate pesto. I may have been overdoing the bread and cheese lately due to withdrawls. I'm really trying to be good. I've felt fine all weekend, not too over-stuffed. However, I don't think the queso has helped my sinuses. No more cheese except goat from here on out, I promise.

Okay now for a relaxing bath and then guitar practice and some reading for school. Maybe I'll do my reading in the bath. Brilliant!

~Smobergirl
Working on day 10!



No comments:

Post a Comment