Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Therapy in a pot.

My step-mother kicks ass. This afternoon I left a vm for my dad telling him that I'm sorry I haven't called lately because I have some kind of goomba. He told my cute step-mom about it and she called about two hours ago saying that she can make me a soup and bring it over, she was going to be in my neck of the woods anyway. (P.S. No one in my family knows about this blog nor that I was still an alcoholic and a smoker in the past year.) So then she comes by with a huge stock pot of hot, home made chicken noodle soup. I swear it had at least three different herbs in there along with cherry tomatoes (from their garden), onions, these fat cannelloni pasta shells, some kind of oil, shredded chicken legs, and love. The pot was still so hot that I grabbed a towel and....covered the backside of my head with it as I breathed the steam out of the pot. After 5 minutes, I poured myself a bowl and drank it...from the bowl. It was so herby and oily and hot and delicious!

Now I'm back in bed. Still with a cough, but all warm and fuzzy. I definitely feel loved. It's rare when I see her and my dad so this was a special treat. I am so happy.

Water: 3 liters
O.J. 1/4 gallon

12 days down, two weeks in two days. Can you believe it. This is a big deal to me. And I do have to thank my cold being a part of my quit.
~Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment