Total Pageviews

Monday, September 14, 2009

The experiment works!

Of course it does, but I didn't know that the 'cloud' over me would disappear so quickly by not drinking and smoking. I also lost weight in my hips and my upper stomach area, and my back toned up. I sure feel the difference! Today I have a headache, feel blue, stomach hurts, I crave bad stuff. It's really night and day, especially the long-term effects. My eyes got really white in that dry spell too. I just felt the transformation happening, and that was exciting to me.

Oh I have to tell you a funny story. I went to a local cafe for lunch (Dine O' Round is happening at 31 restaurants until the 27th. www.dineoround.com) and I have some friends who work there. I didn't tell them that I relapsed but I said that I didn't drink for 17 days and the plan is to stay quit. Immediately this cute girl I know who serves there had this wash of guilt on her face. The last story she told me was her and some friends having a wild time at a hot springs, and today she talked about a wild time at her house recently; both scenarios she didn't seem too happy about. It did make me feel good that maybe I could be an influence on her. When I said 17 days it seemed that the girls thought that was a very long time. I felt pretty darn proud of myself despite the relapse.

I have to thank the first commenter from my last post and she is right, I am human. I'm having fun on this journey no matter what.

Okay here's my food intake (some naughty) for the day so far:

Breakfast: Daddy's dried peaches, 14 oz. iced coffee, and a shitload of water.

Supplements: I got a new one. Herbal Medicinals Smoke Free which also helps heal the respiratory and digestive systems as well as curb cravings. it has lobelia, oat seed, osha root, licorice root (I love taking licorice root), passionflower herb tip, pleurisy root, grendelia flower, mullein leaf, and ginger root. I also still have St. John's Wort and Kudzu.

Lunch: 11:00 am. $10 Dine O' Round special! Good with the bad. Shredded local beef sammy (I ate 1/2) with Italian peppers, onions, and provolone. Mixed green salad with grape tomatoes and a blackberry dressing. 3 bites of a decadent house-made chocolate torte with one raspberry and a raspberry reduction.

Right now: The other 1/2 of the sandwich sans bread adding 1/2 avocado.


My radio show is today on www.utahfm.org. Three hours of Utah bands and artists. I have two coming in today, Jesus Rides a Rik'sha and The Fully Blown. 3-6 today MT.

Thanks,

~Smobergirl

No comments:

Post a Comment