Total Pageviews

Friday, September 11, 2009

A sunnier look, smoother lips, and hip eyes.

I honestly had a happier outlook on life for the first time in a long, long while. I'm more interested in hobbies, I love school, and I'm being much more aware of what and how I eat. I noticed this morning that since probably June that my lips weren't parched or chapping. They were smooth and soft. I'd like to perhaps thank my quit for this. Also when I DJed my friend's wedding I loved a pair of turquoise Electric Velveteen glasses one of the stylists from the salon she works in (and which I go to) was wearing. They come in different colors and each stylist at that salon has a different color. I received a generous tip that night, so I went online and ordered some jazzy purple ones tonight. On top of that, so far I have saved about $200 in cig and wine money.

Breakfast: 1/2 of a not-so pleasant tasting hemp energy bar, one large O.J., and 14 oz. of black iced coffee.

Noon snack: A bowl of step-mum's chicken noodle soup and 12 oz. water

More water: a 1/2 liter of Volvic with wheatgrass powder

2 pm snack: A 3-raspberry cluster covered in dark chocolate

Late Lunch at 3: French Picnic salad- Mixed greens with grilled asparagus, sliced roasted chicken (3 oz.), brie (1-inch cube), and a 2-oz piece of baguette.

Dinner: Iggy's Sports Grill, second choice to a vegan calzone which I wish I'd have at Este, but a friend I was with wasn't in the mood and wanted to do the Dine O' Round which Este was suppossed to have, but the owner kinda spaced it, and Iggy's was participating (it's a 3-course meal on the cheap for two weeks at 30 restaurants). Iggy's is not the healthiest, but I thought I did a good job- Mixed green salad with dried cranberries and a lime "vinaigrette" (which was creamy) on the side. 5 bow tie pastas and 1 oz chicken (boy it was chicken day today!) with parmesan cheese. 2 oz of an enormous hot fudge sundae (hey, it came with the Dine O' Round dinner). I promise to make better restaurant choices in the future when I'm with friends.

Milk thistle update: I just ran out so I went to get more, then I remembered kudzu, a Japanese root sold in capsules which is also a liver tonic and helps with alcohol cravings. I also got St. John's Wort at Whole Foods, which may have contributed to may happy mood, except I got pretty irritable with my friend this evening. I ended up driving all over town running his errands and I wanted to do other stuff. But it turned out alright. No blood was drawn.

Have a great weekend. I have a fun Saturday planned ahead!

~Smobergirl
15 days smober!

No comments:

Post a Comment