Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Psych Furs....FINALLY.

Steve Marsing, I forgive you. Steve is my high school swim team coach who wouldn't let me stay in Utah during The Psychedelic Furs' 1989 stop to SLC when the team played regional water polo in San Francisco. It wasn't like I was the star player, in fact, I sucked pretty badly. I think I told him that he wouldn't miss me at all, but I guess it was school regulations or something. I've had a grudge ever since, and even talked about it on the air every time "Pretty In Pink" was on the playlist. Until tonight. Club Sound, 200 people, and one of the best shows I have seen in my life. What made me appreciate it the most was Richard Butler just beaming and having the time of his life. I have to say he wasn't being a cocky rockstar at all. He was freaking adorable! I said it. He was just gushingly personable and having the best time, which made the rest of us do the same. And that's a life lesson in itself.

Breakfast: Iced chai with a pinto bean and pepper whole wheat quesadilla (no cheese) at the annual Avenues Street Fair.

Lunch: Greek Fest with my brother, his fiance and my friend, and a few other buds from Park City. I had a bite of this cheese pie that was to die for but you didn't hear that from me, Greek salad, green beans in tomato sauce, and chicken souvlaki.

Snack: A small bowl of Juli's soup (Did I tell you that she made a ton?) and a caprese salad I made from the last of my dad's tomatoes.

Dinner: Garlic broccoli, kung pao shrimp, one foil-wrapped chicken piece, and a cup of chrysanthemum tea.

Snack: 1/2 gyro at the Greek fest in-between Happy Mondays and The Psychedelic Furs' sets.

Water: 2 liters, 1/2 with green powder. Iced coffee: 16 oz.

Exercise: Namaste Yoga on FitTV, and dancing my ass off!

I have to crash I'm so wiped. It was a good day indeed.

~Smobergirl
16 days smober

No comments:

Post a Comment